Looking for information about a council service?
Strabane District Council launched its Corporate Strategy (2012-2015) today (25th May 2012) at its council offices. Speaking after its launch, the Chairman of Strabane District Council, Councillor Brian McMahon said: “This is a very important day for Strabane District Council. Today we present our new corporate strategy which sets out our vision, objectives and priorities for the next three years. Our vision is to be a progressive and forward-looking district and council of which everyone can be proud. This plan is not about everything Strabane District Council does or intends to do. It focuses on the big picture, the priority areas that will make a difference to the quality of life of our residents, businesses, community and visitors.”
The Interim Chief Executive of Strabane District Council, Mr Daniel McSorley added: “This is an ambitious Corporate Plan that commits the Council to a £12 million capital development programme over the next three years. The Council has prioritised the upgrade and modernisation of Riversdale Leisure Centre, Derg Valley Leisure Centre and Melvin Sports Complex. We have plans to progress the Strabane Bridges project in conjunction with DSD and DRD, to work in partnership to enhance physical and community regeneration and to complete the Riverlinks and the Riverine Project. We also aim to reduce waste sent to landfill through developing a new recycling centre and waste transfer facility.”
The Chairman concluded: “We are driven by the requirement to achieve results and to work with others to advance the economic, social and environmental progress of this beautiful district for all our citizens. We will provide you with updates on the implementation of our Corporate Strategy in our Snapshot Magazine so you can chart the progress of Strabane District Council over this remaining term of office until 2015.”
Copies of the corporate plan are available on Strabane District Council’s website www.strabanedc.com; or free copies can be posted out if you contact the Council’s Corporate Policy Officer on 028 71 381341 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
1. The document gives a snapshot of Strabane District and outlines the role and structure of Strabane District Council
2. Strabane District Council has defined its vision to guide it through the next three years as follows:
“a progressive and forward-looking district and council of which everyone can be proud.”
3. Strabane District Council’s vision is supported by five overarching corporate objectives they are as follows:
· To provide quality services
· To motivate and develop our staff and councillors
· To be a healthier, cleaner and greener district
· To work with others to improve our quality of life and instil civic and community pride
· To develop our physical infrastructure and regenerate our district
4. Council will be monitoring progress against these corporate objectives by a set of corporate and departmental key performance indicators.
5. Strabane District Council has consulted staff in the development of its corporate values. They have been coined as professionalism, customer focus, team work, accountability and inclusiveness.
6. For the first time the Council has set out a corporate workplan which provides the reader with more detail in terms of the subordinate workstreams and strategies that flow from each of the corporate objectives.
For further information please contact:
Corporate Policy Officer
Strabane District Council
028 71 381341