Looking for information about a council service?
Strabane District Council requires the creation of a tour guiding product to illustrate stories from the locale.
This tour guide product is a key element within a Rural Development Programme project entitled ‘Explore More – Explore Strabane and the Sperrins’. The project is designed to develop a tour guiding product for Strabane District, utilising the natural, cultural and historical assets of the local area. The tour guiding product should be an authentic, memorable and enjoyable experience providing an illustration of stories, myths and legends unique to this place. Strabane District Council will recruit up to 20 potential tour guides. These individuals will be trained in the delivery of the tour guiding product.
Your role will be to liaise with the Tourism Officer of Strabane District Council in the selection and development of six stories, themes and/or characters from the local area. You will create and agree scripts for each of these six stories in partnership with the Tourism Officer
Upon compilation of the final scripts you will direct the tour guides in the delivery of the tour guiding product. They should receive instruction in relation to the script, their movement and overall delivery of the guiding product. It is envisaged that each of these stories will take approximately 15 minutes for the tour guide to deliver in practice.
This project will incorporate a film element to include the provision of a training resource DVD and a series of internet ready short films based on the six selected stories. It is envisaged that you will have an input with regards to the creation of these resources to include:
· Training Resource: to liaise with the film maker to make provision of directors notes and instruction for inclusion on the training DVD
· Promotional Films: to be produced in a docudrama format you will create the narration script and liaise with the film maker in the utilisation of the tour guiding product for these six short films. It is envisaged that these six films will be approximately 5 – 10 minutes in length.
The final scripts will be completed and direction provided to the tour guides before Friday 23rd March 2012.
Your quotation should detail the following:
· Relevant qualifications and experience
· Methodology – how will you deliver this project? Including proposed schedule.
· Full and final costs, including all travel and subsistence
Quotations must be received by Wednesday 22nd February 2012 at 5pm. Quotations should be returned to:
Mr Philip McShane
Alley Arts Centre